Jun 13, 2008

The Happening

I just got back from the cinema after watching The Happenings. Well the movie ends like around 10.15pm pulang but we went lepak for a while di bawah. As for the movie, there were actually happening in the cinema but I don't want to spoil it now. Now I had to save this draft first coz i need to finish my reports on 'adeler'. Well.. brb then...

To be continue..........

[1.15am]

I just finish doing my report and now yet i have to do some agenda on the meeting nanti, stress eh. Arghh PrvtWorld, I need yuuhh.. come back ASAP.

Ok let me continue what's the real 'happening' on the movie The Happening. But first about the movie. I got to say I have a difficult time with this movie. I thought it was pretty good, sure it may not be all that great but it was not the best thing but it wasn't the worse... I was disappointed.

When the movie starts to play, people in the NY central park suddenly froze, walk backward and kill themselves. like what the hell, terus-terus jua opening movienya macam ani. I don't really get it. Then there's a construction workers commit suicide by jumping off the roof one by one. That was really cool, I mean the special effect were okay. The suicides are mostly very originally staged and creepy as hell. The movie was laughable. The movie has moments of unexpected humor such as when Elliot, his wife and the kid need a ride with the two weird horticultural couple who only remember to pack hotdogs and mustard. Oh and when Elliot is in desperation to find out what cause the major outbreak, he ends up talking to a plant, telling it he really doesn't want to do it any harm. When he get closer to the plant, he found out the plant is plastic and still he is talking to the artificial plant. Then there were two elderly knitting something wearing a mask while watching tv. The masks are meant to be a kind of gas mask. They are wearing them because they think that the happening might be an airborne virus and are trying to protect themselves.

Oh i like the part when they encounter with an old recluse lady who turns out to be even weirder than she seems. This part lah yang really happening in the cinema. Roseh was screaming like she was bitten by something and it was really loud, kalah sound effect movie atu. I sat next to her and I was really shocked but i didn't scream nor squeak (awu banar Yat). I guess the really happening of this movie is when Roseh screamed out loud in the cinema. Inda jua ada part berijap movie ani haha

Towards the end of the movie, i basically understand what the movie is all about. The movie is about a killer plants that are revolting against global warming. The Plants of the earth are paying us back by releasing toxins deadly to humans into air, when people breathe it in, they commit a brutal suicide. The movie ends with the toxin spreading through a park in France.

My movie rate : 5/10


***********************************************************

No comments: