Aug 20, 2008

Types of Friends (According to Jablaii)

It is so obvious that we do need friends or perhaps should I say "friends"? There are many types of people in this world and many types of friends. But which types of friends are required. While looking at my current count of more than 100 contacts on MSN, 223 friends on Facebook and 479 friends on my friendster, I felt so surprised at how come I have so many friends in my list when my initial intention was to only add those whom I really want to add. And this makes me wonder and questioning myself like, are they really my friends? do i know them? have i seen them before? have i chatted with them? have we met? obviously the answer would either "NO or I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE".

So having this curiousity, i started mentally categorizing them into the different type of friends

The One Who Always Has an Excuse
I am sick and tired with this type of friends. This type will make commitments lastly end up cancelling at the last minute. Imagine saja you are already dressed up kan keluar with your friend, plus you are waiting for hours for them to pick you up and lastly they cancelled it, inda tah pissed tu. Well ofcourse you will get excuses from them. He's either too tired, his car broke down, he has some sort of pain, or anything else he feels like coming up with. Sometimes, if he's not avoiding his commitment, he'll say he'll call you and then never does. This is the same type of friends who never reply your sms or returned your call back. You sent several texts to your friends but they didn't reply your text with excuses forgot or didn't get your text but the fact is you did sent the text to them.

The "Text-Message Only Please, Missed Call Me, No Calls" Friends
I have nothing to against this type of friends cos honestly me myself are doing this but I do returned their calls or call them only if it is URGENT, but to some people, for them, their cellphone minutes are precious. I mean lets be honest, the information that you and I need to exchange is minimal, "meet me at Qlap Mall", "anak bulan nampak, esuk puasa", wanna watch movie tonight", "miss call me when you are here", "don't call me, I have no credits", "i wont pick your call", etc.. something like this lah.

The "Online" Friends
This is the most common type of friends around the world, but they can also be the most precious. Simply because you both are strangers, you can pour your feelings to them. Like I said, i have more than 100 contacts on my MSN but only 30 of them can be seen online, 15 of these contacts are strangers, they added me and i just approved them on my MSN and chat with them once in a while, after for a while, they just kept quiet, didn't even bother to say hi or wassup. So i just leave them as it is, didn't even bother to delete them. Even if my friends are online they didn't even bother to say hi or they are busy with their work. This goes with my friendster and facebook, I only added or approved those whom i know. These type of friends just want to add you in their friend's list so that people will know they have many friends. I also like to pointed out about Blog. Well, in this case usually in the blog, we do have a tagboard in it so people can easily dropped by and say hai and linked you in their blog. But once you are linked or u linked them in your blog, they never visit your blog or say hi in your tagboard. This is so obvious.

The "we're classmates/schoolmates/we work together" Friends
These people are your friends because you go to school or you work with them and happen to get along together. You try to know a little bit about them so that you don’t have to always only talk about work/school related stuff, or get awkward silences. You will most likely have their names in your cell phone because you have called them once or twice to coordinate social events, but you wouldn’t call them out of the blue “just to say hi”. You have them on Friendster, Facebook and MSN but a conversation is rarely initiated unless its about work, assignments, "when are you leaving to UK". And sometimes If you see them from across the street when you’re out shopping, you will try to pretend you didn’t see them so that you do not have to strike up a conversation out of nothin', Sad but it's true.


The "Giver" type of friends
This type of friend is really hard to find. This type of friend who is always willing to pay the bill and brings presents just for the sake of bringing presents. They are indeed rarer and should not be taken for granted if found. Any of you is the "giver" type of friend, please do call me hehe.. I'd love to make friends with you

The "Loan" type of Friends
This type of friend is a friend who has everything that you would want to buy and is usually willing to lend you whatever you ask for. I would love to have this type of friends, not that i want to take an advantage from this friend but it's rare to find a friend like this whom would want to buy what I want. Why can't any of my friends be like this.. hehe

The Animal type of Friends
It is has been rightly said, "Animals are such wonderful creatures, they ask no questions". Humans and animals have been known to have a special bond with each other since times immemorial. It is not without reason that has somebody has said that "A dog is a man's best friend". The relation that we share with animals is a very warm and protective one. We give them food and shelter and they shower us with unconditional love. Having a pet is actually a stress buster and can keep you happy and occupied. There is absolutely no harm in being friends of animals. A person can have an animal for a friend due to various reasons. It could be a want for companionship, to beat stress, emotional strength or simply the love for a pet. Yes I am talking about me, I love my cat so much, so what?

The "My friends are friends with your friends so I guess we're friends, too" Friends
Remember the Slogan for Nokia "Connecting People". This is the type of friends are. Everyone will eventually know everyone else in this big “Circle of Friends”. These are the people whom you will invite to your big birthday parties or big social gatherings. They will have a lot of fun together, have food and drinks, but usually after chatting for an hour or so, that’s enough. Whether or not they have anything much to say to each other on a one-to-one basis depends on something we call chemistry. They are fated to know each other but it’s really their choice to bring their friendship up to another level or remain at the “handshake level”.

The "We Should Do Something Sometime" Friend
These are people whom you know fairly. You are not really interested in having lunch or dinner with them alone, and chatting one-on-one. In fact, you have to constantly crack your brains to think of another superficial thing to talk about. It’s not that you guys have nothing to talk about, but it just takes effort to keep the conversation going. Therefore, such people usually belong in a medium group of 5 - 6 people - also known as our “clique”.

The "lets meet up!" Friends
These are what you call, your close friends. They are the ones whom you would enjoy having lunch or dinner one-on-one, enjoy holding a conversation with, and enjoy joking with. You guys always have a great time at dinner together, sharing laughs, memories and many great bitching sessions. It’s the case where, when you put everyone together, you have an even better time. The thing about this type of friend is that they make it a point to keep in touch with you because they actually do miss you, and they really want to spend time with you and know what’s up with your life, and share with you theirs. Oh, and they will remember your birthday and never fail to wish you. This is usually what me and my friends (jagongs) do most of the time.

The "Only friend when needed @Berhajat" friends
Uh-oh! this is the most typical friends you may encounter. I am sick and tired with this type of friend. They only need you when they are in trouble or wish something from you. You must be very careful with this type of friend, they tend to take you for granted for their own purposes. After they get what they want, they will ditch you and sometimes when you are hanging out with him/her and their friends, he/she will neglect you and make fun of you in front of their friends. Also this type of friend will need you to do his/her favor, don't be afraid to say NO cos if you say YES, this people will easily used you and will always look for you ONLY when they need you.


The "Best" friends
Last, but not least, we have "best friends" These sort of friends are there when you need them. They know you as a person and they are there through thick and thin. Best friends, are the ones that you can lean and depend on no matter what. If you shall need a listening ear they will be the one to lend there support. This friend you're able to discuss relationship issues and expect feed back and constructive criticism.


I guess that's about it, these are the types of friends that most people will have, well according to me. Wow, so far this is the longest entry in my blog, i hope you people wont get bored reading this.

We should know that friends come in all different shapes and sizes; you should be able to categorize your friends. Friends all have a purpose that they serve in ones life. Everyone has played an impact on some life and has been placed in a category. What type of friend are you?


********************************************

No comments: